DC Compound Wound Generator | What is Compound Wound Generator?
DC. Types of Compound Volt Generator : (DC Compound Wound Generator) These generators are of two types on the basis of shunt field connection.
- Short shunt compound generator.
- Long Shunt Compound Generator.
Short Shunt Compound Generator: – The generator in which the shunt field is in parallel to the armature and the series field is connected in series to both the armature and the shunt field is called a short shunt compound generator. (DC Compound Wound Generator)
Long Shunt Compound Generator:- The generator in which series winding is connected in series with armature and shunt field is connected in parallel to both armature and series field is called a long shunt compound generator.
DC. Compound wound generators are also of two types according to the direction of current flowing in both Shunt Differential Compound Generator and Series Field Winding. (DC Compound Wound Generator)
- Differential Compound Generator
- Cumulative compound generator
Differential Compound Generator:- The generator in which the direction of current in the shunt field winding is opposite to the direction of the current flowing in the series field winding is called a differential compound generator. It is of two types. (DC Compound Wound Generator)
- Long Shunt Differential Compound Generator
- Short Shunt Differential Compound Generator
Cumulative compound generator:- The generator in which the direction of current is the same in both the shunt field winding and series field winding is called a cumulative compound generator. This too is of two types. (DC Compound Wound Generator)
- short shunt Commulative compound generator
- long shunt Commulative compound generator
DC compound wound generators are of three types on the basis of load current.
- Over compound Generator
- Level compound Generator
- Under compound Generator
Over Compound DC Generator – The generator in which the load current increases with the increase of -2 terminal voltage. Over compound DC. It is called a generator.
Level Compound DC. generator or flat compound dc Generator – Generators in which the -2 terminal voltage remains constant as the load current increases. Level compound DC. It is called a generator.
Under Compound DC. Generator – Generators in which -2 terminal voltage decreases with an increase in load current under compound DC. It is called a generator. (DC Compound Wound Generator)
You can also read the following topics, it is very important information.
- Difference between servo stabilizer and static stabilizer
- DC Compound Wound Generator in Hindi
- What is the definition of a Transformer? | Definition of transformer in electrical
- Best air cooler in India in 2021
- How to select RCCB? | How do we select an RCCB MA rating?
- what is chemical electrode earthing? | chemical electrode earthing
- Electrical Tools Names with image | Electrical Tools List